Come together with like-minded engineers to create, recognise and act on opportunities.
Make the most of your membership
The IET provides comfortable, practical spaces that allow you to meet fellow engineers. You can:
- Swap ideas and information
- Meet other experts in your field
- Raise your profile
- Get help and support from experienced peers
- Benefit from the cross-fertilisation of ideas from professionals working in different specialisms
- Keep up to date with developments in engineering
- Build and strengthen relationships
IET members’ needs were the primary consideration in the creation of this new facility. It houses the Knowledge Centre and Library where you can carry out research.
For networking purposes, there’s a large lounge area where you can sit comfortably. You’ll also be able to enjoy complimentary self-service teas and coffees in the Faraday Lounge – encouraging members to linger and mix.
The Faraday Centre is now open! The Faraday Centre is located on the second floor and is open Monday to Friday, 08:30 - 18:30.
Faraday Kitchen and Brasserie
Whether you want to network, enjoy a sit-down meal with colleagues, or just grab a sandwich and chat with other members between appointments you’ll find something delicious to eat in the kitchen and brasserie.
IET members get 10% off food in the Faraday Kitchen, making it an even more attractive and easy option. Find out more about the food and drink on offer.
Meeting rooms in the Faraday Centre
There are dedicated meeting and brainstorming rooms available for members to book free of charge.
And if you need to hire one of the bigger meeting rooms you get a 20% member discount on room hire.
A 50% discount is available to IET Events – IET staff and volunteer led.
- Building - Monday to Friday - 08:00 – 19:00
- Faraday Centre - Monday to Friday - 08:30 – 18:30
- Faraday Kitchen - Monday to Friday - 08:30 – 18:00
- Knowledge Centre & Library - Monday to Friday - 09:00 – 17:30
- Member Meeting Booths and Rooms - Monday to Friday - 08:30 – 18:30