Make the most of the facilities at Savoy Place. From having a coffee to getting your hands on the latest publications, the space has been designed with your needs in mind.
Covid-19 (Coronavirus) update
The Faraday Centre and other member facilities will remain closed until further notice. Please bear with us while we continue to work on plans to ensure that we can safely welcome members back to the building.
If any IET members require further support during this time, the IET’s benevolent fund, Foothold is available. Please get in touch here. Alternatively, you can visit the Foothold website to see what support is available.
Savoy Place is designed to serve IET members – past, present and future. Use the venue as a base when you need it while making the most of the research and library facilities on hand.
Member contact information
Members now get their own dedicated space, separated from the areas designed for functions, fulfilling our core aims to help members and create an engineering community.
A home from home and space to work
From refuelling to finding somewhere to work or hold meetings you can do it at Savoy Place.
New facilities for members include:
- shower rooms
- a comfortable lounge area for relaxing or networking with other members
- complimentary self-service teas and coffees in the Faraday Lounge
- wireless connectivity throughout the entire building
- dedicated meeting rooms and meeting booths for members to book free of charge
IET knowledge-sharing events
Join us for our free knowledge-sharing events; women in engineering exhibition and knowledge sharing screenings, plus find out when the Johnson Roof Terrace is available.
Eating and drinking
As well as menus designed to make you want to linger, there’s an expanded menu in the Faraday Kitchen including high-quality 'grab-and-go' food options for engineers in a hurry. As an IET member, you’ll also get the benefit of:
- 10 per cent off the freshly prepared food in the Faraday Kitchen
- tea and coffee available in the Faraday Lounge
Knowledge Centre and Library
The Knowledge Centre holds a wealth of valuable information – whether want to carry out research or just drop in and check something.
You'll have access to:
- an enhanced, modern research service providing personalised support to individual members
- 24/7 member online access to over 13,000 full-text books and journals
- a dedicated Archive Centre in Savoy Hill House, including research/archive viewing space for visitors
To make it even more attractive to use the public events space at Savoy Place for conferences, AGMs and entertaining we offer members:
- 20 per cent discounted room hire
Making it easy for you
If you come to use the members’ facilities we want to make your experience as simple and straightforward as possible. To help you, we’ve put in place:
- a reception desk outside the Faraday Centre with IET staff on hand to help with general queries relating to membership and IET services
- speedy priority access to the Faraday Centre with swipe card digital sign-in
- dynamic digital signage in the building so you can easily navigate to your event or activity
- improved, accessible cloakrooms, meetings rooms and general facilities for wheelchair users including a Sesame lift at the entrance