Covid-19 (Coronavirus) update: Wednesday 18 March 2020
The IET has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak and like many other organisations, we are making preparations to delay and mitigate the impact of the virus to protect our staff, members, volunteers and everyone we work with.
Following the Prime Ministers’ briefing on Monday 16 March and the update in the UK Government’s guidance, the IET has decided as of 18 March, both IET London: Savoy Place and IET Birmingham: Austin Court will be closed to the public and will remain closed until further notice.
Member contact information
- Discounted room hire for IET events
- Meeting rooms for private business meetings at a discount
- Priority access to the Faraday Centre
- Research and library services
- Free tea and coffee in the Faraday Lounge
- 10% discount on food in the Faraday Café
- Shower rooms
- Complimentary member meeting spaces, bookable in advance