Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
The IET has continued to closely monitor the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak and like many other organisations, our priority is to protect our staff, members, volunteers and everyone we work with.
We are continuing to follow the guidance set out by the UK Government regarding the COVID-19 outbreak. Following the latest government guidance, the IET has made the following decisions;
- Both of our venues, IET London: Savoy Place and IET Birmingham: Austin Court, are being prepared to reopen for events on 1 October 2020 adhering to social distancing measures.
- The Faraday Centre at Savoy Place and other member facilities remain closed for the time being. Please check back for further updates.
- Our colleagues at Savoy Place and Austin Court are available to help with any queries. If you need to contact a member of the team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for Savoy Place or email@example.com for Austin Court.
The health and safety of everyone we work with and everyone who visits our venues is our priority. Here you can read our risk assessments.
- Return to Savoy Place risk assessment [PDF, 967KB]
- Workplace risk assessment - sale show rounds [PDF, 158KB]
Support for members
If any members require further support during this time, the IET’s benevolent fund, Foothold is available. If you have an urgent enquiry, please ring +44 (0)20 7344 5498 or e-mail Contact.Us@MyFoothold.org. The helpline is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can visit the Foothold website.